Matching proofs

Please ask any questions or issues you may have regarding ISO Standard 12647.

Matching proofs

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm

I have just installed presssign and proofsign to try to hit the iso standard. My proofs seem to pass ok, but in a few areas my printed sheets are not matching the proof. I have check my DE values on press, checked my dot gain.I have change my curves on the plates to compencate for this.

Any ideas?

Jason
Jason

Re: Matching proofs

Postby fred.t@bodoni.co.uk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Jason,

Firstly let me apologise for taking so long to reply, the site has not been emailing us when new topics are posted.

In order to get a good proof to press match it stands to reason that you have to produce both well.

For both proofing and press I would suggest that you should aim to hit under half the ISO tolerances. So, for proofing that would be average ∆E under 1.5 and maximum under 3. For press the solids should be under 2.5∆E with TVI under 2% on the mid-tone with good registration, and make sure that your trapping/RGB overprints are good by optimising the damp setting and blanket pressures. It makes things much easier on press if the paper and inks are the right colour to start.

It would be much easier to help if you provided some more detailed information. We could do this using our remote internet support software if you call the office.

Best Regards,

Fred Thornton
fred.t@bodoni.co.uk

Return to ISO Standard 12647